Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 19, 2011

Today was SOOOO NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg. There were 40 kids, which is ten more than we normally have. And...we were short staffed because they were all late sign ups and it wasn't expected. I was like omg.....this is absolutely CRAZY! Even more new kids. We only got half hour breaks instead of hour also because they couldn't afford to let the staff off for that long. Which I didn't really mind, because I got to eat the kids lunch before I was off. It was like penne pasta and garlic bread and stuff. It was sooo good. I also got to finish my book, which was sooo good! I love reading. I am behind schedule, so I will have to catch up in the next couple of days. Today even with more kids though was not as bad as yesterday by any means. It was a good day. We made robot costumes with the kids for blitz off to Mr. Roboto. All the dance moves I can think to teach the kids for it though are from Dance Central lol, even though that is not one of the Dance Central songs. Ms. B told us yesterday we couldn't use the paper bags because they are so hard to find...um...they are in the stinking craft closet. Why in the world would they have them if not to use. Gosh Ms. B pisses us all off so much. So we waited until she left and then told Corrie we needed them, so she of course was like, oh yeah! That's awesome! Of course you can. After we were done we hid the painted bags. Then today after Ms. B left we took them out and put tin foil buttons and bows and stuff on them. And hid them again lol. At least she doesn't go on field trips with us. Today after work Juan and Gabby's family adopted Ms. Emily and I and made us dinner. The burritos were really really good and their family is hilarious. The mom is Colombian, and then the dad was raised in Puerto Rico. Cool. Gabby at one point meant to say, "you scared the bejezus (sp?) out of me." But she thought it was "you scared the baby jesus out of me!" Omg. We all laughed sooo hard. It was so funny. And then Juan. He was like amazed at my burrito wrapping skills. It was like the funniest thing ever. He looked at me with his jaw dropped and was like, "I have never seen a burrito that big wrapped so perfectly. nothing is going to fall out at all. How did you do that?" We were like what!? Then he was like, "So you must have done this before right? It is so international." We all busted up... what the heck. It was so cute. He was literally seroius and amazed at how I wrapped my burrito in a tortilla. I guess I am like destined to work at Chipotle or something. Tomorrow I might be doing something with the Roys. Hopefully that works out! Til tomorrow!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment