Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23, 2011

So, Today was another great day with my kids, yay! They are so incredibly cute and I adore them. I didn't start the day by going to the Panzer SAS like I normally would. Instead, I went to Patch field to help them set up for the events for opening ceremony. The funny thing is that even though I was there, with a bunch of other people, from like seven forty five in the morning, there was nothing for us to set up. The people in charge said they were set to have the stuff mostly delivered at eight, stuff being the bouncy castle, jousting blow up thing, and tables along with the tents to put over the eating area. So we just sat around talking and stuff for basically like an hour and a half until people started showing up. It didn't technically start until ten. Then we had all these games and stuff, like all the stuff I mentioned that got delivered, and then we had like relay races, kickball, face painting, bubbles and art, frisbee, etc. etc. etc. It was really really fun. The sun was out, which was nice because we didn't have to haul all hundred something kids into a little gym. I can't even imagine the noise level that would have been. The face painting was one of my favorite things to do. The kids were really into it, and there was a line the entire time. They ended up having the kids sign up for the times that they wanted and stuff. I made like skulls, rainbows, flags, peace signs, more things than I can even think of. one of the cutest things during the day was the blitz-off, which was our weekly competition with all the four different bases and their programs. This week the song was let's Get it Started by the Black Eyed Peas. The dance we ended up doing was really cute I thought. We were wearing hooded sweatshirts and hats and had this paper bling that we made and stuff. it was really cute. The pictures of it turned out good, and I actually look surprisingly like I pull it off in the dance part of it at least. I got sunburned because of the sun a little bit on my head just in a line, and on half of my right arm. i do not know how I manage to accomplish things like this. i feel like I am always making myself look ridiculous. But such is life I guess. Tomorrow is the last day before the weekend! Woo! Salzburg here I come! In one day!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment