Sunday, June 19, 2011

June 19, 2011

So today was my last day before camp! Woo! We woke up late again and then went Strawberry picking. The strawberry place is absolutely adorable. It was really cheap though. It was only about one euro and thirty cents to pick a tub full. How neat. Then I went back for a while and we set out to hike up to this palace called shlauss-solitude. I guess some king made it a long time ago because he wanted somewhere away from the city or something like that. Germany is very very big about the whole nature thing, and so they have trees everywhere, and even on your own land you have to like ask the government permission to build, which is very interesting. Anyways, we didn't end up hiking to this place like we planned, but we rode the train and bus to get there, which was nice because it dropped us off right at the front. It was pretty cool. Not as awesome as the palaces we will visit other places, but definitely worth going to. Oh, so the maid yesterday inbetween strawberry picking and going to the palace was in our room cleaning. She came up to me and asked me to pick up my bed in the morning so it wasn't so hard for her to make. Really? I'm pretty sure that she gets paid to do that. W/e. Another thing that I forgot to say yesterday is that we saw a ton of Bachelorette parties in downtown Stuttgart. Like tons. I was talking to this german black dude and mentioned that. He didn't know what I meant, so I said... when girls go out right before they get married with all their friends. He was like oh, virgin celebrations. I think it is funny that's what they call them ha ha. Ok, that's all, night!

No comments:

Post a Comment