Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 22, 2011

Well, Today was the third day with my amazing kids! We were way off schedule for the most part of the day, but it seemed to go ok still. They did like fitness stuff in the morning to promote like a healthy summer, and the kids were whining and complaining and being all mopey after like two laps around this little basketball court. I thought it was a great idea. They did great during the day after that for one, since they were able to let off a lot of their extra energy. Along with this, I think it is good to teach kids about being healthy and being in shape. And goodness knows I was there panting along with the kids. I hope that we do it more, for them, but also for me ha ha. So one of the things we did today is prepare for what they call a Blitz-off, which is like a song competition between all the different camps here, which is a lot since there are four bases, all with cdc and cys. (young kids and older kids). The song they chose for us this week is Lets Get it Started by Black Eyed Peas. Which in myt opinion is really stupid for a song competition song, but then again so are all of the other ones that they have given us for the summer. Not sure who came up with those. When we were learning the dance I made up on the spot, and I told them to act gangster. One of the girls was like, how do I do that. And then this little girl named Sydney was like, all gangsters do is drink weed and kill people. Ha ha ha. I laughed so hard. Well, tomorrow is our big Opening Ceremony in Patch field. Hopefully it doesn't Rain. Today was super sunny and hot all day.......until like four o clock. and then there was the fastest hugest thunder storm I have ever seen in my entire life. It was insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment