Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 21, 2011

Well, Today was my second day with the kids, and I would like to think that it was definitely a success. The kids are just adorable. We had a new kid today who was named Francesco. He is like half Italian or something, which I know because he told me and counted to a hundred in Italian. Yes, all hundred numbers, in a row, and made me listen. It was extremely cute. I think we have such a great group of kids. If Francesco stays, he might be my favorite. I don't think i will ever have a kid like Nikolas again though. Two of the oldest girls, Baily, and one that starts with a Z, are really cute, but they think they are too cool for a lot of the stuff. They don't like a lot of the games, but they like sitting and talking with the other counselor Emily and I. I think it is good for them to talk with good influences and stuff. They asked Emily and I about our boyfriends. So funny. Younger kids are so fascinated by that kind of thing. Some of the kids, even though they are adorable, are definitely a little odd just in the fact that they are obsessed with horror movies. This little girl about 10 years old, Izzy, while we were drawing, was like, Have you ever seen Jennifer's Body or the Other's. Those are some of my favorite movies. And then today they were talking about Anaconda and people getting like ripped apart. I was like, Woah, not camp appropriate. Interesting. The game so far that they like the best is Mophia, which again seems like a game for older like teen children, but w/e. They keep asking for it. This one girl Emily, is the bossiest person in the world. (Not counselor Emily lol). We do what looks like a handsign for rain trickling down for sign language applause at the end of each song during our closing time. And this little girl when I said that, raised her hand and was like, nuh uh. Its like this, and brattily waved her hands in what looked like jazz hands. Counselor emily and I looked at eachother like wtf. It was so funny. And then today she told us she knew the real sign language to a song called World's Greatest and that she could show us how to do it right. So I had to explain to her the story behind why we do it the way we do and make her be quiet. This girl is going to be a battle I feel. I came home today and my bed was actually made, so that is good news ha ha. Maybe the maid war of floor three is over. Did I tell you that Molly got her bed peed on? At least that didn't happen to me. We came home from Downtown Stuttgart, and Molly had a fresh urine stain on her bed that soaked through all the blankets and sheets, and even her personal blanket. The front desk like had to file an incident report. Crazy crazy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment