Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14, 2011

Well, today was SOOOO boring during training. I am really glad that it is done, but it wasn’t like horrible or anything. I am in Germany after all ;). But I feel like all of the people who are in charge are talking sooo slow. It is also all information we have all already heard before. Which is even more boring, but again…. Not a terrible price to pay for being in Germany. The more we go through orientation here, the more I realize just how awful the base I was at in Japan was. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely loved every second of it, but the organization, preparation, and absolutely everything else about this base makes me realize how bad it was last year. My PC and Director were very like blessed people for being able to deal with everything last year. I am really grateful that the experience I think will be a lot more pleasant this year to deal with than it would be if I was a director somewhere else. I am really excited to finally get my kids next week. It is different than last year too in that we aren’t doing all of the programming. And instead of having one activity all of the kids do together at a time, we have like three or four activities happening at the same time and the kids freely choose what they wanna do and when they leave and everything. So it will be weird that even though I have the same kids basically every week, I won’t be necessarily working with them unless that is what they choose. They are way all about free choice and stuff. It is almost too much for my taste, but it will be good to see how things work and stuff. Well, now some of us are hanging and trying to figure out what is going on ha ha. This is definitely an adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment